You might already know that Elementor is an amazing WordPress page builder.
It allows non-coder designers like yourself to build 100% custom-designed WordPress pages, exactly as you want them. It’s really visual, and it’s drag-n-drop. It works in the way designers think, with no code required (hurray!)
But if you’re like many designers, once you’ve used Elementor for a while, you might soon find yourself thinking:
“Hmmm… my theme still handles my header – my logo and navigation area. I wonder if I can use Elementor to design my website header as well?”
The good news is… yes, you definitely can use Elementor to build your own custom header. It will completely replace the one that comes with your WordPress theme.
However, there are also a number of different considerations to bear in mind.
In today’s video, I’ll dig right in and show you:
- Exactly how to build a header template with Elementor.
- The various tools and plugins available that make building your own headers possible.
- Step-by-step instructions for adding the header template to your site and replacing your theme’s own header.
- 5 important considerations or possible trade-offs to bear in mind.
Want to save time? Scroll past the video to grab my one-page Custom Header PDF cheatsheet!
NOTE: If you have Elementor Pro, you don’t need the 3rd party Nav Menu Addon plugin anymore. Pro now comes with a Nav Menu widget of its own.
I love to hear feedback or questions. Let me know what you think in the comments!
Save time! Grab all my Custom Header tips in a handy one-page PDF cheatsheet!
- My Custom Footer video
- My Nested Sections video
- NavMenu Addon plugin
- GeneratePress nav menu shortcode plugin (Lyle Chamney from SniffleValve)
- Header Footer Elementor plugin
- AnyWhere Elementor plugin (free)
- AnyWhere Elementor Pro plugin (paid)
- GP Extender
The first 2 links are affiliate links. If you buy the paid version of either, I get a small commission. No extra cost to you. Regardless, I’d 100% recommended both as the only WordPress theme and page builder to use.